Rental Vehicle Cancellation Policy
Full Refund 2 Weeks prior to start of the Hire - No Cancellation charges Applies
No Refund under 2 weeks of hire, Credit of the booking may apply - Subject to availability
No Refund in black out date from 15th Dec - 15th Jan
We work under the traffic light arrangement and we offer free date change for any cancellation due to CoronaVirus
It is your responsibility to check and read all the details and our terms and conditions of business, please go through each details and contact us if you have any questions for the same.
An agreement made between the Seasons Travels NZ and the hirer whose particulars are entered in this agreement. It is hereby agreed as follows:
1. The owner will let the hirer take on the motor vehicle described in this agreement.
DURATION OF HIRE
2. The term of hire shall be for the period as described in this agreement.
PERSONS WHO MAY DRIVE VEHICLE
3. The vehicle may be driven during the period of hire only by the person described in this agreement and only if each such person holds a current driver's licence (particulars of which are given alongside his/her name, address and phone number) appropriate for the vehicle at the time when they are driving the vehicle.
PAYMENTS BY HIRER
4. The hirer shall pay to the owner as payment for the hire of the vehicle for the period of hire referred to in clause 2 of this agreement thus sum specified in this agreement
5. The hirer may request a credit card (VISA or MasterCard) from the hirer as security over the amount agreed in this Rental Agreement and any other costs or fees which the hirer may become liable to pay in accordance with the terms in this Rental Agreement. If a Credit Card is not available, the security payment must be made with either cash, Direct Credit or EFTPOS, prior to commencement of hire.
6. In addition to the payment specified in clause 4 above, the hirer acknowledges that s/he shall be liable at the end of the hire period to pay to the operator any applicable additional charges payable at the end of the term. These include charges for additional distance driven, fuel, late return, cleaning fees, damage to or repair of the vehicle (subject to the other terms of this Rental Agreement), any enforcement charges relating to such damage or repairs (including legal costs), traffic fines or infringement fees and the administration costs relating to those fines and fees.
7. Any charges for cleaning the vehicle interior where the vehicle is returned in a condition that the Owner considers excessively dirty requiring extra cleaning or deodorising. This includes stains, spillage of fluids, food or vomit, and extends to odours including tobacco smoke and alcohol.
8. The hirer shall pay for all diesel or other fuel used in the vehicle during the period of hire.
PAYMENT OF CHARGES
9. The Hirer hereby irrevocably and unconditionally authorises the Owner to charge to their credit card (Mastercard and Visa) and/or to charge to their account (as nominated respectively under 'Payment Information' on the front of this Agreement or in the credit card authority) all charges and other sums payable by the Hirer under this Agreement.
10. If the Hirer fails to make full payment of any charge due to the Owner, the Hirer shall pay to the Owner:
a) If required by the Owner, interest on all outstanding charges at a rate of 12% per annum (or such other rate as the Owner may specify) but only if the sum unpaid remains unpaid for at least 14 days. Payments received will be credited firstly against any accrued but unpaid interest.
b) The Owner's costs of recovering or attempting to recover from the Hirer outstanding charges, including any agent's costs, and legal costs on a full indemnity basis.
c) An administration fee of up to $75 plus GST to cover the Owner's costs in dealing with the non-payment or late payment.
11. Hirers are entitled to query any charging or debiting by the Owner of any sum to the Hirer's credit card or account pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, and the Owner shall treat any such query in good faith with a view to resolving any misunderstandings amicably and promptly.
12. The hirer shall ensure that:
a) The water in the radiator in the vehicle is maintained at the proper level.
b) The oil in the vehicle is maintained at the proper level. (Correct oil type only). Phone: 0800 462 843 for advice.
c) The tyres are maintained at their proper pressure.
d) All responsible care is taken in handling and parking the vehicle and that it is left securely locked when not in use.
e) Children are appropriately restrained in the vehicle.
f) Should a warning light be illustrated, or the Hirer believes the vehicle requires mechanical attention, he/she stops driving it and advises the Owner and Mercedes Breakdown (0800 320230) immediately.
g) Every driver of the vehicle carries his or her driver's licence in the vehicle at all times and will produce it on demand to any police, traffic or other enforcement officer.
h) Every driver is aware of and complies with the terms of this Agreement.
i) No driver or passenger smokes in the vehicle.
j) Any accessories (such as, but not limited to, snow chains) are fitted correctly so as not to cause damage to the vehicle or any person or property.
k) Return the vehicle with all personal items removed.
13. Subject to the exclusions and excess payable as set out below, the hirer and any authorised driver named in this Rental Agreement is indemnified up to:
a) the operator's insured value of the vehicle for any loss or damage to the vehicle.
b) a limit of $5,000,000 in respect of any liability he or she might have for damage to any third-party property arising out of the use of the vehicle.
14. The excess payable by the Hirer is as specified on the front of this Agreement and is payable for each and every incident involving the vehicle. If however the damage giving rise to the claim under the Policy is excluded under EXCLUSIONS below then the excess will be considered part payment toward the total damage costs, payable by the Hirer and any additional costs will be charged to the Hirer pursuant to clause 6 above.
15. The indemnities referred to above shall not apply where the damage, injury or loss arises when:
a) The driver of the vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or any drug that effect his/her ability to drive the vehicle.
b) The vehicle is in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition, that arose during the course of the hire and that caused or contributed to the damage or loss, and the hirer or driver was aware or ought to have been aware of the unsafe or unroadworthy condition of the vehicle.
c) The vehicle is operated in any race, speed test, rally or contest.
d) The vehicle is driven by any person not named in clause 3 of the agreement.
e) The vehicle is driven by any person who at the time when he/she drives the vehicle is disqualified from holding or has never held a driver licence appropriate for that vehicle.
f) The vehicle is wilfully recklessly damaged by the hirer, or any other person named in clause 3 of the agreement or driving the vehicle under the authority of the hirer or, is lost as a result of the wilful or reckless behaviour of the hirer or any other person.
g) The vehicle is operated on any of the following roads: Skippers Canyon. Molesworth Station. Macetown Road. Tasman Valley Road. Matukituki Road beyond the Treble Cone Access Road turn off. Glenorchy-Paradise Road, beyond Priory Road turnoff. 90 Mile Beach. Farewell Spit.
h) The vehicle is operated outside the term of the hire or any agreed extension of that term.
i) It is agreed between the owner and the hirer that section 11 of the Insurance Law Reform Act 1977 shall apply with respect to the above exclusions as if this clause constituted a contract of Insurance.
REJECTION OF INSURANCE
16. The Owner is obliged to offer to arrange motor vehicle insurance for the benefit of the Hirer, and the following provision shall apply:
The Hirer may decline that offer and make their own insurance arrangements if they wish, but these must be approved by the Owner. If the Owner is not satisfied that the Hirer's insurance is comparable to the insurance arrangements under the policy arranged by the Owner to be taken out with an unrelated third-party insurance provider (the Policy) then the Owner may decline to hire the vehicle to the Hirer.
17. The owner shall supply the vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition.
18. The owner shall be responsible for all ordinary and extraordinary costs of running the vehicle during the term of the hire except to the extent that by the terms of this agreement those costs are payable by the hirer.
NOTE: By virtue of clause 7 of this agreement, the cost of diesel and other fuel and oil, used during the term of the hire is the responsibility of the hirer.
MECHANICAL REPAIRS AND ACCIDENTS
19. If the vehicle is damaged and requires repairs or salvage, whether because of an accident or breakdown, the hirer shall advise the owner of the full circumstances by telephone as soon as practicable.
20. The hirer shall not arrange or undertake any repairs or salvage without the authority of the owner except to the extent that the repairs or salvage are necessary to prevent further damage to the vehicle or to other property.
21. The hirer shall ensure that no person shall interfere with the distanced recorder or speedometer or, except in an emergency, any part of the engine, transmission, braking or suspensions systems of the vehicle.
22. In the event that an accident renders the vehicle unfit to drive, the owner will make no refund for the unused hire period and provision of a replacement vehicle will be at the owner's sole discretion. The owner will not be responsible for the cost of transporting the hirer and any accompanying passengers away from the accident location. In the event that the owner decides to offer the hirer an alternative vehicle, the vehicle shall be made available at the closest branch. If the hirer requires delivery to any other location, a charge will be made depending on the location. The replacement vehicle will be provided under a new contract and will be charged at the same daily rate as the original contract. The owner reserves the right not to provide insurance excess reduction in the new contract.
USE OF THE VEHICLE
23. The hirer shall not:
a) Use or permit the vehicle to be used for the carriage of passengers for hire or reward unless, the vehicle is hired with the knowledge of the owner for use in a passenger service, licenced under Part 1 of the Transport Services Licensing Act 1989.
b) Sublet or hire the vehicle to any other person.
c) Permit the vehicle to be operated outside his/her authority.
d) Operate the vehicle, or permit it to be operated, in circumstances that constitutes an offence by the driver against Section 58 of the Transport Act 1962 (which relates to driving or attempting to drive with excess breath or blood alcohol or under the influence of drink or drug).
e) Operate the vehicle or permit it to be operated in any race, speed test, rally or contest.
f) Operate the vehicle or permit it to be operated in breach of the Transport Act 1962, the Traffic Regulations 1976, or any other Act, regulations, or bylaws to road traffic.
g) Operate the vehicle or permit it to be operated for the transport of more than the number of passengers or more than the weight specified in the certificate of loading for the vehicle.
h) Drive or permit the vehicle to be driven by any person if at time of driving the vehicle, the hirer or other person is not the holder of a current drivers licence appropriate for the vehicle.
i) Remove any graphics without prior permission from the hirer.
24. Without limiting the obligations of the Hirer under this Agreement, the Hirer will be liable to compensate the Owner for all costs and losses suffered as a result of the wrong fuel type being used in a vehicle (including petrol being put into a diesel vehicle, or any fluid into the AdBlue reservoir) while it is on hire to the Hirer.
HIRER'S LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE
25. The hirer is absolutely liable for any damage (including damage caused by hail, storms, earthquake or other natural disasters) up to the full amount of the excess liability specified irrespective of fault.
In this context includes:
a) Any and all damage to the vehicle including, tyres, break-in or vandalism, theft, fire, towing and recovery costs.
b) Damage to third party property.
c) Loss of use of the vehicle by the owner during the period the vehicle is off fleet for repair. This period is charged at the daily rental rate for the vehicle.
Front Windscreens are not covered by vehicle insurance. Should a windscreen be damaged, the hirer will be liable for the full cost of repair or replacement. Front Windscreen Insurance Excess Waiver, which removes all liability regarding damage to the front windscreen, is available at an additional cost.
Each rental agreement will be supplied with a Vehicle Inspection Sheet identifying any pre-existing damage. It is the Hirers responsibility to notify the Owner, prior to commencing the hire, should they believe any damage is not noted on the Vehicle Inspection Sheet. The Hirer will be liable for any damage not indicated on the Vehicle Inspection Sheet. Final inspection of returned vehicles will be carried out only after full cleaning has been completed.
MECHANICAL REPAIRS AND ACCIDENTS
26. If the vehicle is damaged or requires repair or salvage, whether because of an accident or breakdown, the Hirer shall advise the Owner of the full circumstances immediately.
27. The Hirer shall not arrange or undertake any repairs or salvage without the Owner's authority except to the extent that the repairs or salvage are necessary to prevent further damage to the vehicle or to other property. This extends to purchasing any replacement tyre without approval of the Owner.
28. The Owner has arranged 24/7 roadside assistance should there be a need for it due to repair or accident. The costs of the provider of that assistance are payable by the Hirer directly to that provider, and these include callouts relating to refuelling, jump starting, tyre related incidents, lost keys and keys locked in the vehicle. Where assistance is required in respect of an inherent mechanical, electrical or electronic fault in the vehicle (as determined by the Owner or its authorised agent) then the cost of the assistance will be borne by the Owner.
RETURN OF VEHICLE
29. The hirer shall, at or before the expiry of the term of hire, deliver the vehicle to the owner's place of business or the owner's agent at the agent's place of business, or obtain the owner's consent to the continuation of hire.
30. If the vehicle is returned outside office hours, the hirer is responsible for the condition of the vehicle until it is inspected by the staff of the Owner.
IMMEDIATE RETURN OF VEHICLE
31. The owner shall have the right to terminate the hire and take immediate possession of the vehicle if the hirer fails to comply with any of the terms of this agreement, or if the vehicle is damaged. The termination of the hire under the authority of this clause shall be without prejudice to the other rights of the owner and the rights of the hirer under this agreement or otherwise. No refunds given.
The hirer shall not use the vehicle for the carriage of passengers for hire or reward unless the vehicle is hired with the knowledge of the owner for use of in a passenger service; licensed under part one of the Transport Service Licensing Act 1989. No refunds given.
ACCEPTANCE OF RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
32. The hirer agrees to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of hire. The hirer acknowledges that he or she is fully liable for any excess owing due to damage of the rental vehicle (see clause 19) irrespective of fault.
The hirer agrees that he/she has presented the credit card (Visa or MasterCard) details noted on the Rental Agreement as a bond for the hire and that the owner is irrevocably authorised to charge this credit card for any actual or consequential liability arising out of the Rental Agreement. The cardholder and the hirer are jointly and severally liable under the terms of this agreement. If a Credit Card is not available, the security payment must be made with either, cash, Direct Credit or EFTPOS, prior to commencement of hire.
NOTE TO HIRER
THE OWNER MUST GIVE YOU AT LEAST ONE COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT. A COPY MUST BE KEPT IN THE VEHICLE THROUGHOUT THE TERM OF THE HIRE AND PRODUCED ON DEMAND BY ANY POLICE OFFICER, TRAFFIC OFFICER OR OTHER AUTHORISED EMPLOYEE OF THE MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT.
1] Our Transport Service License Number: PSL – 0255953.
2] Quotes are valid for until 1 Month, prior to start of the tour.
3] If the Quotes are under 1 month of start of the tour – please email us for confirmation.
4] No cancellation charges if cancelled 1 month prior to starting of the confirmed tour.
5] $500 NZD fixed charges once booked under 1 Month and before 2 weeks of
starting of tour. Non-refundable and 100% chargeable under 2 weeks of
start of the transfers.
One month before starts of tour free cancellation except black out dates, Xmas period and new year bookings.
6] All amendments are FOC outside 1 Month period of starting of the tour.
6] For all monthly account agents – payment date is first week of each month for the last month.
7] All quotes are inclusive of driver’s wages, accommodations and their meals.
8] All quotes are inclusive of complete vehicle running costs and insurance of vehicle.
9] All transfers are carried out through NZTA approved guidelines and ‘P’ endorsed drivers only and our all vehicles are PSV (Passenger Service Vehicle) and we have full cover for Liability insurance for our services.
10] Any tips to driver are excluded and on guest discretion.
11] In event of emergency we may cancel, change the course of travel anytime, which will be completely on our discretion.
12] No food is allowed to be consumed in our vehicles and clients must comply with this policy.
13] Cleaning fees of $200 NZD will be applicable if our vehicles get dirty due to client’s spillage or eating food inside.
14] Once you book with a confirmation email, you agree with our payment terms and conditions as mentioned above. If there is any delay or in case of non payment of our invoice, we will refer this to the collection agency and you will have to pay for the collection charges for the same including all the overdues in our invoice. By replying to our email, you accept our terms and conditions for payment and default. By accepting our Invoice you agree that we might can proceed to Debt collection agency if our invoice are not paid on set time and all collection charges along with any extra fee will be payable by you.
For other general terms and conditions please email us and we will provide more details accordingly
A. General Terms applicable for all types of cancellations:
1. Applicable Refund as per cancellation policy will be paid within 120 working days from the date of cancellation as confirmed by Seasons Travels based on supplier's reply and process of refund
2. No interest will be applicable on refund
3. Cancellation shall attract the cancellation charges on total tour price as calculated after cancellation is received in form of writing from tour group. Seasons Travels reserve all rights to decide on cancellation costs accordingly and depending on the situation.
4. Cancellation due to death of any client before the tour will be treated with full respect and Seasons Travels will not charge any of their own service fee or cancellation charges for the deceased person.
5. For any additional services / deviation / upgradation or any similar changes booked by the guest, the additional cancellation in addition to normal terms.
6. Seasons Travels NZ do not have any responsibility towards additional expenses relating to any arrangement made by guests themselves relating to tour.
7. Guests should communicate any correspondence towards cancellation on email at email@example.com
B. Tour cancelled by guest due to personal reason:
1. If the guest decides to cancel the tour for any reason, he shall make a written application or email from registered email-id of guest on firstname.lastname@example.org and deliver it to the concerned sales booking person / Branch-In-charge at the sales outlet where guest/s booked.
2. The letter or email must contain details of tour code / form no, date of departure, Name and no. of guest's as included in the cancellation request
3. Cancellation by email will be valid only if sent on above mentioned email address only. Any other form of request for cancellation shall not be considered as a request for cancellation.
4. Booking after cancellation will be treated as fresh booking for all purposes.
5. Cancellation can be due to any personal reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, the reason of inability to participate due to any illness, death, court order, tour cancelled by sharing partner, requiring to pay single occupancy and the like.
6. Air Ticket Cancellation charges plus deposit forfeit charges as are applicable under the rules of the concerned Airline are to be paid by guest/s immediately.
7. In case of cancellation due to personal reason, normal cancellation charges apply and refund will be processed accordingly if any. If the booking is non-refundable then there is no refund possible unless any supplier agrees to pay refund in certain conditions. Seasons Travels NZ can't take any liability for refund based on non-refundable conditions but we can only try our best to explain the situation.
C. Tours cancelled by Seasons Travels NZ
1. Seasons Travels NZ may cancel/reschedule the tour without assigning any reason and in such an event the guest/s can claim only the amount paid by him after deducting the taxes & VISA fees if paid by Seasons Travels NZ to Visa Processing centre or Consulate.
2. When Seasons Travels NZ decides to cancel the tour, cancellation of tour shall be communicated at least 45 calendar days prior to the date of commencement of tour, unless force majeure situation, via any of the following modes (a) sms (b) telephone (c) email; provided by the guests.
D. Cancellation due to VISA rejection – Deemed Cancellation
1. Tour will be treated as Deemed cancelled, unless intimated by guest in writing within 24 hours for applying VISA second time, if VISA is not granted or delayed by Consulate for any reason whatsoever.
2. The cancellation charges shall be Applicable from the date of intimation of cancelled VISA from guest to Seasons Travels NZ
3. Guests may apply a second time for VISA at his own risk and consequences . If VISA gets rejected then the new date of intimation will be considered as cancellation of tour date.
4. Sometimes the VISA processing takes longer time and in few cases VISA is not granted before your departure or it is delayed. In such cases, Seasons Travels NZ as a facilitator shall not be responsible for any consequences and / or liable for any refund, the guest shall have to bear all the cancellation and rebooking charges for the next tour.
5. If VISA of some guests of the booking form is cancelled and other guests of the same form cancels the tour then cancellation charges as per above table is applicable for all bookings
6. Consulates depending on their rules & regulations send VISA & passport directly to guest's residence or in our office. In both the cases, guests require to check correctness on VISA ( Paper VISA, sticker VISA, E-VISA etc.) for personal & other details such as Name, validity, correct photographs, signature of the authorized person etc. Seasons Travels NZ will not be responsible if immigration offices do not allow the guest to leave or enter the country.
7. In many cases, the consulate requires Air Ticket / Hotel Vouchers to process the VISA. On cancellation, actual Air Charges / VISA fees are payable in addition to the above cancellation table.
E. Cancellation due to force Majeure Situations or Emergency
1. Under force Majeure Situation, Emergency or any natural calamity, Seasons Travels NZ reserves the right to Cancel, partly cancel and/or reschedule the tour considering safety of the Guests.
2. No refund fully/partly applicable on cancellation under any circumstances due to Force Majeure or any natural calamity
3. Seasons Travels NZ will request suppliers for assisting in postponement of tour & guests can join the next possible date of the same tour product. Guests are required to pay additional Cost, if applicable.
F. Rescheduling of tour due to Uncontrollable factors
1. Seasons Travels NZ reserves the right to reschedule the tour and / or change the itinerary due to uncontrollable factors such as change in airline schedules, suspension or discontinuation of services by suppliers, major events at the visiting destinations affecting route of transport etc. No refund is applicable in uncontrollable situations and guests have to abide by the new schedule / Itinerary.
2. Guests are required to pay additional cost due to delay in flight or cancellation of flight or missed the flight, missing the connecting flight during travel as the case may be. Guests are free to book their own tickets & refund will be processed as per contract between Seasons Travels NZ and Airline. Once Air tickets are released as per request of guests, Seasons Travels NZ will not be responsible for new booking & guests will be required to join the group at their own cost & consequences.
3. Fine, penalties or any such payments arising due to not meeting with the requirements of any airport or government authorities including Passport or Visa documents, court orders are responsibilities of guests and to be paid by the guest.
G. Travel Insurance:
Seasons Travels NZ does not provide Travel Insurance services but we highly recommend all the guests travelling in our tour to buy relevant comprehensive travel insurance policy before their respective travels. Please note it will be the guest's own responsibility to buy Insurance based on the destination they are travelling. Seasons Travels NZ will not involve in Insurance purchasing or claim as we are not not a qualified Insurance service provider.
Seasons Travels NZ collects your personal information to enable us to respond to your queries and provide you with our travel products and services, including assisting in arrangements with suppliers
We will also use your personal information to personalise the service we provide you, including your experience on our, and other, websites, and to provide you with information about our, and our partners’, business, products and services.
Your information may be shared between entities within Seasons Travels NZ and disclosed to suppliers, third party travel service providers, our website manager, our cloud infrastructure, our contractors and to others where authorised or required by law. Some of these entities may be located overseas.
By signing up for our tours and providing your personal details for booking you confirm that you have read and understood our privacy notice for this service and you consent to Seasons Travels NZ sending you marketing material, including via electronic messages relating to our and our partners’ products and services that may be of interest to you.
Except to the extent that the law imposes a non-excludable liability:
All bookings for products as offered by Seasons Travels NZ are accepted subject to the conditions of carriage and other conditions imposed by suppliers and subcontractors to Seasons Travels NZ. Travelers should be aware that there is no relationship or joint venture, partnership, or employment between Seasons Travels NZ and any suppliers or subcontractors we deal with.
Seasons Travels NZ disclaims and will be exempt from any liability under
the law of contract, tort
or by virtue of statutory enactment in relation to any-
a. loss to;
b. personal injury death or illness of;
c. damage or theft of personal property of any sort of;
d. expense of inconvenience caused through delay to;
e. disappointed expectation of;
f. accident befalling; the traveller or any dependents, arising out of any negligent act or omission, breach of any duty imposed by statute, breach of any law of the place of destination or on route to or from the destination, tort (whether intentional or unintentional), or breach of a contractual term, whether expressed or implied or breach of duty arising under or imposed by any law on the part of Seasons Travels NZ, its servants or agents or of any subcontractor or supplier of any product or services.
J. Choice of Law:
Once the booking is confirmed you agree with Seasons Travels NZ that in so far as any contractual relationship is created between you and Seasons Travels NZ by you making a booking through Seasons Travels NZ, then that contract is subject to the laws of New Zealand.
K. Jurisdiction :
You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand for the determination of any dispute and the making of any claim against Seasons Travels NZ and acknowledge and agree that a court having jurisdiction in respect of the dispute or claim is the appropriate court.